Central Asia VBS
VisionThis team will join long term partners who work with the most vulnerable in their community. Many refugees flee their war-torn countries to this area and are not met with kindness.
The team is committed to showing these displaced brothers and sisters the hands and feet of Christ. They believe the transformation of communities ensures that no one is invisible and everyone has access to food, freedom, and forgiveness. Some of the ways they do this is by visiting refugee friends in their homes, sharing the love of Christ with them, and walking alongside them helping them restore their dignity.
One of the ways that the team in Central Asia shows the love of Christ is by working throughout the year to provide a safe and supportive community for moms and their children. The team will provide these moms with helpful resources while also giving an opportunity for these women to discover and/or deepen their relationship with God. The team also provides the kids an opportunity to attend Vacation Bible School, which allows for kids to encounter God in a fun, safe way.
As team members are learning from and engaging with others, team members should have a heart posture of humility and remember that culture does not make people, people make the culture. You are part of the long-term team and are expected to participate in all their team-wide activities, events, fasts, meals, prayer meetings, work meetings, etc. Be ready to be flexible, as activities are often subject to change due to various factors.
Other expectations include:
- Spending individual time in the Word and prayer outside of group prayer meetings.
- Come ready and eager to learn, as life and ministry here are most likely different from what you’re accustomed to.
- Be aware of your personal needs to maintain spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically health. If you need something, ask.
- Spending time with kids from different cultures.
Trip LeadersBeing a short-term mission trip leader is a rewarding experience. It makes you a part of the Great Commission, letting you respond to God’s call to the nations in a sacrificial way while also shepherding a group of people. Check out the benefits and expectations here. If you are interested in being a trip leader, you apply through the application and complete the "Trip Leader" question section.
Covid-19Safety protocols will be developed based on the guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the US State Department posted on The Austin Stone trips website for regular access.
|$675.00||25% Goal Due 3/5/2023|
|$1,350.00||50% Goal Due 4/3/2023|
|$2,025.00||75% Goal Due 5/1/2023|
Mar 5 2023
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM CST
Prayer Training Required
We'll spend time discussing the importance of prayer in preparation for the trip. As a team, we will decide how we want to hold one another accountable and join together in prayer for the months prior to our trip!
Mar 26 2023
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM CDT
Ministry Prep Required
The team will meet to plan and prep for the VBS. This will include going over curriculum and assigning where you will be serving during the week. Some trip logistics will also be covered.
Apr 16 2023
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM CDT
Ministry Prep #2 Required
We will continue to prep and plan for the VBS. Some trip logistics will be covered.
May 21 2023
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM CDT
Trip Logistics/Prayer Required
The team will gather to pray and to go through all the final detail trip logistics.
- Word: Commit to hearing from the Word in this decision.
- Prayer: Commit to pray regularly about this decision asking God to give you wisdom.
- Community: Get advice and feedback from Godly people around you.
- Trust: Based on your time in the Word, in prayer, in discussion with others who know you, and time spent counting the costs, trust God and make a decision.
- Have a listener heart posture.
- Engage with people from other cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Pray for people.
- Share the gospel with children from unreached people groups.
- Be willing to have fun with the kids and make them feel welcomed.
- Host event(s) as a team to gather people and provide space for spiritual conversations
- Prayer-walk around key ministry areas.
- Sharing the gospel.
- 18 years or older
- Any vaccinations required by the government
- Each individual needs to be able to walk about to average 20,000 steps per day.
- Willingness to give up some American comforts
- Must complete Kids' Volunteer Training.
- Complete a background check and Ministry Safe Training
- Invite a friend!
- Begin praying for your trip!
- Check out your task list on your profile.