South Asia SDP
VisionJoin us this summer as we serve alongside long-term workers in South Asia! This mid-term trip will be strategically focused on prayer, demonstrating the gospel through service, and personal evangelism. On this trip, you can expect to engage with locals, learn about their culture, serve them, offer to pray with them, and seek to share the gospel with them!
Long-term teams in this area work in the slums, high rises, and city streets to proclaim His good news, strengthen disciples, and multiply churches.
As team members are learning from and engaging with others, they should have a heart posture of humility and remember that culture does not make people, people make the culture. Trip participants will be part of the long-term team and are expected to participate in all activities, events, fasts, meals, prayer meetings, work meetings, etc. Be ready to be flexible, as activities are often subject to change due to various factors (e.g. last-minute invite to a village event).
Other expectations include:
- In light of our value to hear and obey the Holy Spirit, we expect all team members to spend individual time in the Word and prayer outside of group prayer meetings. This may sound obvious, but this can be a hard discipline to carry out—especially when on a village trip. We can’t emphasize enough the need to daily abide in the Lord!
- Come ready and eager to learn—life and ministry here are most likely different from what you’re accustomed to.
- Be aware of your personal needs to maintain spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health. If you need something, ask.
Safety protocols will be developed based on the guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the US State Department posted on The Austin Stone trips website for regular access.
BudgetEverything you need for your trip is included in the trip cost, which can be viewed here. These amounts are based on preparation costs and costs given to us by the field partner.
|$1,188.00||25% Goal Due 3/6/2022|
|$2,375.00||50% Goal Due 4/3/2022|
|$3,563.00||75% Goal Due 5/1/2022|
- Word: Commit to hearing from the Word in this decision.
- Prayer: Commit to pray regularly about this decision asking God to give you wisdom.
- Community: Get advice and feedback from Godly people around you.
- Count the Cost: Make a list of pros and cons asking yourself which opportunity in front of you will best equip you to be a disciple who is making disciples.
- Trust: Based on your time in the Word, in prayer, in discussion with others who know you, and time spent counting the costs, trust God and make a decision.
- Have a listener heart posture.
- Engage with people from other cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Pray for people.
- Prayer-walk around key ministry areas.
- Host event(s) as a team to gather people and provide space for spiritual conversations
- Sharing the gospel
- 18 years or older
- Any vaccinations required by the government
- Each individual needs to be able to walk about to average 20,000 steps per day.
- Willingness to give up some American comforts
- Invite a friend!
- Begin praying for your trip!
- Check out your task list on your profile.