Summer Discipleship Program
Summer Discipleship Program (SDP) is designed for college students to deepen their understanding of what it practically means to follow Jesus and engage in evangelism, disciple-making, and mission mobilization. SDP provides college students with a chance to develop in their knowledge of God, character, and obedience and is an excellent opportunity to better understand what it means to leverage your life for the gospel of Jesus Christ as a disciple.
SDP is a two-month, intensive discipleship and missional experience where students serve locally, nationally, and in international contexts. SDP includes six weeks in Austin, one week in New Orleans, one week in Clarkston. Students learn how to apply the gospel to every aspect of their lives and make disciples who make disciples. These eight weeks immerse students in the local church and global cities and teach them how to practically love God, the church, the city, and the nations.
The beginning of the summer includes several weeks in Austin, Texas receiving practical theological and ministry training by leadership at The Austin Stone. During this time, students will learn to effectively share the gospel and give their lives away in Austin in response to the gospel. Students will then travel to New Orleans for one week to engage in church planting in an urban, diverse context with the gospel. After this, we will travel to Clarkston, Georgia, known for its diverse population, to focus on refugee ministry through friendships, English classes and job skills training. The final week of the summer, students will travel back to Austin to spend the week unpacking what they learned, hear from incredible speakers, and be mobilized to their campuses.
|$700.00||35% Support Raised Due 4/12/2021|
|$1,350.00||70% Support Raised Due 5/3/2021|
|$2,000.00||100% Support Raised Due 5/24/2021|
Mar 1 2021
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM CST
Support Raising Training Required
Purpose: In this training, you will be equipped with vision, resources, and practical tools in how to support raise for the Summer Discipleship Program. While you are not required to support raise, it is highly encouraged as it allows you to invite other people into your mission and development and can be a faith-growing experience.
Items to Bring:
- Something to take notes with (if you don't want to use your computer)
Dinner will also be provided.
- Word: Commit to hearing from the Word in this decision.
- Prayer: Commit to pray regularly about this decision asking God to give you wisdom.
- Community: Get advice and feedback from Godly people around you. Ask questions like: "Can they see you doing this? What do they think your strengths and weaknesses are? If they think you are making decisions based on God or your idols and fears?"
- Count the Cost: Make a list of pros and cons asking yourself which opportunity in front of you will best equip you to be a disciple who is making disciples.
- Trust: Based on your time in the Word, in prayer, in discussion with others who know you, and time spent counting the costs, trust God and make a decision.
- College Student
- Pray and Ask Questions
- Invite friends and missional community to participate. More interest meetings to come!