Template: Ministry Support
We carefully monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will update this page with any changes required to protect the safety of short-term team members. Throughout the trip, there will be social distancing and mandatory masking, especially when engaging with those outside of the team. If you have more questions or concerns about this trip, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Short-Term Trips Manager.
Vision:The mission of the Houston Global Gates team in Houston is to see gospel transformation of the world’s most unevangelized people groups who have come to global gateway cities, and through them reach their communities around the world. If you'd like to learn more, check out the Global Gates Website.
"Join the Texas Global Gates team in sharing the Gospel with Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, and Sikhs in Houston. Spend 1-2 hours in a Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, and Buddhist temple/mosque learning how to effectively communicate the Gospel. Spend time in a 3-day Bible and Qur’an or Veda study with a small group of Muslims or Hindus. Eat a meal at a Sikh temple. Learn an Indian folk dance or play cricket. Door to door visitation. Lots of opportunities for sharing your story and the Gospel."
What to Expect:
The team will spend time learning about the different cultures the Global Gates teams interacts with and how the Gospel bridges to each culture. Through opportunities like visiting a local mosque (Islam) or temple (Buddhist or Hindu) the team will learn bridges with gospel strategies and methods. As team members are learning from and engaging with others, team members should have a heart posture of humility and remember that culture does not make people, people make the culture.
The team will have various opportunities to meet and have spiritual conversations (safely) with others. Some of these include, eating at local international restaurants, going to the markets and shops, hosting outdoor activities at the apartment complex where the team works and lives.
Typical Daily Activities:
The schedule may change, so it's important to be flexible.
- Training: The time will entail morning training time where you will worship and train for effective outreach.
- Outreach: Often, you will break up into smaller groups (maybe 2 or 3) to go into the community together.
- Meals: For meals, it is encouraged that groups also eat in the restaurants of the people groups Global Gates works with and utilize the meal time to make new friends and share the gospel with restaurant workers.
- Debrief: You will debrief each days activities the next day at the large group meeting. Teams will also meet together in the evening to pray for people met during the day and celebrate the work God did through their team.
- Teams will drive from Austin to Houston
- Everything you need for your trip is included in the trip cost, which can be viewed here. These amounts are based on preparation costs and costs given to us by the field partner.